I was laying around snuggling The Buddy and feeling baby girl kick when I discovered something cool. Not only did she kick at least 10 times within 5 minutes, but when I moved my hand out of the way I saw my belly moving!!! She's getting strong and her aim towards my bladder is improving (causing me to run to the bathroom occasionally). I'm going to need to figure out how to use our new camcorder so I can try to get a recording of it - the kicking, not me running to the bathroom. She's very naughty when it comes to performing though. She'll be kicking up a storm and then Jon will put his hand on my belly and she lays still. Naughty girl! This is such a wonderful time of pregnancy. I'm not too big yet, I can still bend at the waist to pick things up, my appetite is great, baby is moving so I don't worry so much, and I'm sleeping a little better. I also had a stranger ask me when I was due so obviously I'm showing now.
I found out a few days ago that one of my friends that had some difficulty getting pregnant is about 8 weeks pregnant. Woohoo and congrats again if you're reading this!
Jon successfully completed his pediatric surgery rotation and then a 24 hour trauma on call day on Saturday. He basically went two days without sleep, pronounced someone dead (not anyone that he'd worked on), and had to deal with 7 or 8 motorcyclists that got in accidents under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. Then he slept all day Sunday and got the afternoon off yesterday. Today is his first official day on oncology surgery and he has lots of thyroid appointments today. I think he's going to miss the little kids.
Jon's parents are coming to paint the nursery on Friday. We decided on a pale yellow for the walls, then a couple of the walls with be pale yellow with a brighter yellow stripe. I might paint some sort of circle border too. I'm still a little nervous that our girl isn't a girl so other than a bunch of clothes (I have a shopping for girl clothes problem) we aren't too messed up if we have a boy.
We're excited that we'll be able to go to the Cyclone game on Saturday. I hope it isn't ugly since we're playing a much smaller school....and for those of you that don't follow Cyclone athletics I mean ugly for us, not the smaller school. Hopefully we won't be shaking our heads in disgust. I mean - GO CYCLONES!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
GO PANTHERS! Smaller but better :)
Claudia, Matt, Hailey & Macy
Baby Poppe does the same thing. Anytime I try to get Allen to feel her kick or watch her kick she stops putting on a show! It's sad they don't get to feel and see what we feel, but exciting for us!
(Our nursery is pale yellow too just in case haha)
I'm so glad you're sleeping better! Little Girl is already entertaining her mama. How nice! Jon will feel her kicking soon enough.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment