Monday, January 18, 2010

Squeezing in the Fun

Our time as a family of three is rapidly coming to a close so that's why I haven't been great about updating the blog. Jon has been home and we've been enjoying Mina while she's awake and spending time together as a couple when she's asleep. Soon enough we'll have our helpers here and then Charlotte will make her grand arrival (hopefully in that order!).

I feel like she's gotten a little lower. Saturday night was full of contractions. They died off before bed and I slept really well, but we considered calling in reinforcements. I'm glad we didn't bother. This morning I thought I was about to break my water when I was getting groceries. I squatted to get soda off the bottom shelf and when I stood up, I heard a glug, glug, glug like when you poor liquids out of a bottle. Weird, but no pop or accompanying leakage. Plus, I lost.....TMI warning.....a whole bunch of mucous plug this morning. There's nothing more disgustingly fascinating than that.We're attempting to keep the house clean and the fridge stocked. Mina has been a big helper. She loves "vacuum time." I can't even describe how much fun she's been lately. I still love her more every day. She is hilarious and cute almost all of the time. We need to get her rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider on video for you to enjoy.

I met Jamie's Alaina on Saturday afternoon. She's gorgeous and has gotten me very excited. I loved holding her, smelling her sweet head, and listening to her cute little newborn noises. Jamie is doing well also and is probably either home or on her way home as I type this.

When I go into labor, the plan is to call both my mother and mother-in-law and to put something on facebook. That should hopefully cover the bases. It's weird to be in the part of pregnancy where I have to start every conversation with, "No, I'm not in labor."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have the baby on Saturday so I can win the baby pool!!

Love ya!
Claudia