Thursday, August 2, 2007

19 Week Update

I'm 19 weeks today...I'll post a picture later today or tomorrow. I'm feeling some definite movement here and there. Also, I'm getting some nasty stretch marks on my hips, but still not on my stomach. I don't mind them on my hips too much. In just a week we'll probably know if we're having a girl or boy so I'm getting excited about that. My pregnancy book says that the baby is about 7 inches or so in length by now. It's amazing I'm not bigger given the size of Thunder these days. I slept for a combined total of 11 hours last night so I should have the energy to workout this afternoon. It was heavenly getting all that sleep.

The following paragraph might upset anyone that has dealt with infant death.

One of my online friends is having a horrible day today. She's 22 weeks along and they figured out that her baby's heart stopped developing correctly a few weeks ago. Instead of putting off the inevitable, she's being induced today. The baby may live for a few minutes, but even if she carried to full term there was no chance of life beyond that short amount of time. It's so very sad. She's terribly unlucky because the chances of having that severe of a birth defect is less than 1%. Plus, she's now dealing with what some people would term an abortion. I just can't imagine knowing your baby is going to die for sure and continuing with the pregnancy. Anyway, this is turning really morbid so I'll change the subject. This has been weighing on my mind though.

Jon is on his second day of pediatric surgery and he'll be on call today. I hope that he isn't as busy with this rotation as the last because he's going to be on call 16 days in August. We already figured out he can't talk to me about what he does either because it upsets me. He told me about one case from yesterday and that's enough. There's a reason I didn't want to be a doctor so I don't always want to hear about his day. If that makes me a bad wife, then so be it.

We're planning to have a much needed date night tomorrow night. I don't even remember the last time we went out alone. We'll probably go out to eat and watch The Simpsons Movie. I'm looking forward to it.

That's all for now. Check back later for my belly picture. :)

No comments: