We think we have a name picked out so feel free to keep giving us ideas, but I think we have it and we both LOVE it. We won't tell anyone though so if you ask I'll just make up something stupid. The only thing I'll say is that it's an uncommon, but not unheard of first name with a beautiful meaning.
I think I've been happier in the last few days than I have been my entire life. Jon and I are really enjoying referring to our daughter. It's so fun to know what we've got growing!
Friday afternoon was a fun time. I did some shopping. My favorite purchase was baby legs (http://store.babylegs.net/), but I also got some really cute clothes. Plus, I started my registries online. We're registered at both Babies "R" Us (BRU) and Target so people will have lots of options. I didn't register for all that many clothes and toys because I figure that people will enjoy picking that sort of thing out for themselves. We listened to The Beatles Rockabye Baby! CD at bedtime and it was fantastic.
Yesterday I went to BRU in Des Moines in the morning and checked out the strollers in person. I even got a personal tour of how to collapse and adjust the travel system we registered for. It's fantastic and attractive too. I decided to get the Target animal bedding because the ladybug bedding was just too pink. I found a pregnancy pillow also that's the shape of a triangular prism (you can never take the math teacher out of me). I bought some more clothes of course and discovered that BRU is a horrible, horrible place on Saturday mornings. I will never go there on a weekend again if I can help it.
The reason I was in central Iowa is because I was meeting my dorm friends in Ankeny. We went up to Ames and ate at Hickory Park and did a lot of catching up. I've really missed being around all of them. We reminisced about watching Dirty Dancing and reenacting the lifts using chairs, running giggling down the hall after watching a scary movie and decorating a friend's room, and other silly stuff. I'm so lucky to have such a fun group of friends. I just wish we saw each other more often!
I got home at bedtime last night and Jon and I stayed up and talked. He was a busy guy yesterday. He got all of the patio stuff figured out, sturdied up the crib, and installed a ceiling fan in the nursery. He was able to take a long nap too. It's so nice that he has the whole weekend off!
My pregnancy pillow worked well and I got a little more sleep than usual until The Buddy took over my side of the bed. He's a naughty one sometimes.
I'd better finish so I can go hang out with Jon some more. He's on call four out of the next seven days so time is precious!
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment