Yesterday I felt a gush of fluid when I got out of my car in the afternoon. It was blood! As you can imagine, I totally freaked out and figured I was miscarrying. The fit me in for an ultrasound appointment this morning and guess what....there was a heartbeat and the baby was measuring right on 6 weeks, 6 days (which exactly coincides with my due date). The heartrate was 136 which is very good at this stage. I just can't believe it.
The cause of the bleed is a rather large subchorionic bleed. A subchorionic bleed is a sequestration of blood within the folds of the developing placenta, usually seen between 8-12 weeks gestation. It usually has no effect on the baby or on the pregnancy and dissipates on its own within a few weeks. You can follow its disappearance by serial sonograms. Don't I sound smart?
My next ultrasound is scheduled for May 17th. Hopefully the bleeding will slow down and stop soon so I can get more excited. GO THUNDER!!!!!
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment