Thursday, July 19, 2007

Irritated

I don't know if we'll be able to take a 17 week picture tonight because Jon still isn't home and he's on call. I really haven't seen much of him this week even though we've been in the same town. It really stinks being single. I've been very grumpy and trying not to be, but it's just not working. I should get to see Jon Saturday afternoon (except he's on call) or sometime on Sunday. This surgery rotation keeps him busy. I really need to find something to do.

I started Book 6 of Harry Potter today so I will be refreshed on the story once I start the new book. I'll most likely finish it tomorrow because I don't have anything better to do. Tomorrow night I have a party to go to, but Jon won't be able to come with because he'll still be working when I need to leave to get there. It'll be good to get out of the house.

I polished up the crib Claudia loaned me and it'll be beautiful once we're able to put it together. It is missing some bolts because it has hex holes and nothing of that shape with it. Hmmm...I would think Jon and I would be smart enough to put it together so there HAS to be something missing. I'll be seeing Claudia Sunday and then next Wednesday so hopefully we'll get it figured out soon. It'll drive me slightly crazy if it sits in the nursery for too long in pieces.

Hailey is coming to stay from Sunday until Wednesday so then I won't be all by myself anymore. Woohoo! Hopefully the weather will be great so we can go to the pool, park, walks, etc. I still can't believe she's almost 9.

Now for the real source of my irritation - Schwan's. I preordered my favorite chocolate peanut butter ice cream and passion fruit sherbet and the stupid Schwan's man was supposed to deliver it tonight. I saw him coming while I was on my walk with The Buddy so we cut it short so I'd be home to receive my delicious order that I'd been craving all day. The stinking Schwan's truck went past my house and didn't stop. How dare he. How dare he! How dare he mess with a pregnant woman's cravings like that?! I had to go to HyVee and buy some sherbet but it just wasn't the same. I felt a little crazy because I was almost at the point of tears. I'm one grumpy pregnant woman.

I'm still not feeling any definite movement. I really wouldn't mind a good kick in the ribs to give me some reassurance. I don't have any reason to think that Thunder isn't doing okay, but I'm a little neurotic at times I admit.

Oh, I forgot to write about Euclid's funny episode last weekend. So he made a girlfriend as you know, but he also slept with a cat. Apparently Amanda, Adam, Bailey, Euclid, and their cat all snuggled up in bed on Saturday night. I wish I had a picture of that! He's a traitor to his own kind.

I'll post a week 17ish picture this weekend since I'm going to give up on Jon getting home tonight. It's time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stupid Schwan's man! We have had similar (although not nearly as tramatic) problems with them that has lead me to swear under my breath at every truck I see. But it seems that you can't stay mad at them forever if it's what you crave!